Friday, April 28, 2006

DEP Is Trying

Regarding the contact with the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), in hopes of them treating some of they hydrilla, I had to get Tampa Stormwater Dept. in communication with DEP to confirm we outflow to the River. Both organizations are quite helpful and I got this from Stormwater:

I as well as our construction crew did meet with your wife last week. The grate that we will be installing will have a max of 1 1/2 inches between each bar. I will sketch a drawing and send it to you soon. The outfall from Lake Roberta flows to the south to Henry and discharges directly into the Hillsborough River at Rio Vista. Actually the [my pizza hunting] dog probably couldn't get past the wall inside the outfall structure but since he is crafty maybe so.

I am going to say it will be approx. the end of May or start of June before the grate will be installed. The lake is pretty low at this time and I would definitely recommend waiting at least till the rain starts (hopefully soon as my yard needs it badly).

I will keep you informed. Thanks.

That also went to DEP and I got this response shortly thereafter from DEP:

In 2 weeks, there is a funding meeting then and that would be time to discuss new work, the program works on a budget fixed from July 1 to June 30, new areas to be funded has to come from other lakes that are already funded if within the same fiscal year. I will let you know ASAP.

So ……… keep your fingers crossed. We might get some help!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home